Monday 22 November 2010

Module 2 Introduction

Module 2 - at last.

I am delighted to be starting Module 2! The first module took far too long - 10 months - and I am going to try and complete this module by the end of April. I do seem to be able to get more work done over the winter months - I'm not sure why.

This module uses animal markings as the inspiration, and no colour, just black and white throughout. It looks really exciting. Collecting visual information is the first step. I focussed in on the markings rather than show the entire animal. Very interesting how similar some of them look despite being from different animals.

2.int.1
2.int.2

Having printed everything out in colour, I printed everything again in black and white, which makes the similarities even more marked.

2.int.3
2.int.4

The next task is to write a list of descriptive words, and then make a series of marks relating to the list. I chose butterfly and tiger, because they are so different. I'm not a word person, and I kept adding to my list over a few days, and I also don't find it particularly easy to translate words into marks, but I am reasonably pleased with the lists and the marks.

2.int.5
2.int.6

No comments:

Post a Comment