Wednesday 24 July 2013

Module 3 - the rest of Chapter 2

I wasn't happy with the monoprints in my last post but one, so I have had another go, and I am really delighted with this lot!

I made them using the 10" x 8" gelli plate - it was the first time I had used it, and I really enjoyed it. I used Liquitex acrylic paint in 6 colours - green gold, vivid lime green, brilliant yellow green, medium magenta, light portrait pink, and iridescent rich copper. I also used iridescent antique gold once, but didn't like it, so didn't use it again.

3.2.52

3.2.53

3.2.54

3.2.55

This last print is made using about 7 or 8 ghost prints overlaid.

Finally in this chapter, are some computer generated images. First, I scanned in two of my images from earlier in the chapter, opened them using Paint Shop Pro X, and then used Effects - Distortion Effects - Twirl.   With the second image I used it repeatedly.

3.2.56

3.2.57


3.2.58


3.2.59

3.2.60

3.2.61

3.2.62

And finally, some drawings generated using Scribbler - how much fun is that! I produced lots of drawings very quickly, but have selected the "stitchy" ones.

3.2.63

3.2.64

3.2.65
 3.2.66

3.2.67

3.2.68

2 comments:

  1. Super monoprints and I love the results from Scribbler. I'll have to try it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a great selection of digital art, Sheila, your scribbler images are great, is it an app?
    Thank you so much for dropping in on my blog, I would really love to get in contact with your friend, I'm enjoying this research so much, but it's hard to find details on the net.
    Sorry to reply here but your comment comes as a non reply.

    ReplyDelete