Tuesday 9 October 2012

Module 2 - Chapter 12. The final object.

In her comments about my last post, Sian gave me considerable food for thought and I began to doubt my critical faculties. So I tried to address the various points she made.

2.12.26

2.12.27

2.12.28

I couldn't make the join (using 2 strips of iron-on vilene to hold the edges together) for a couple of days as I didn't have any, but when I finally got some, it worked so well, and I was so pleased with how it was looking, I decided to press ahead and treat it as the finished item, and not as a prototype.
So here it is.

2.12.29

2.12.30

2.12.31

2.12.32

The pelmet vilene is quite translucent, and the fabric strips on the inside show through quite strongly. The outside is actually quite delicate, so for these remaining images, I moved the bowl to a different position so there was no light behind it.

2.12.33

2.12.34

And finally, two close-ups of firstly, the stitching on the outside of the bowl, and secondly, the inside.

2.12.35

2.12.36

1 comment:

  1. I do love your bowl, so stylish and minimal, a wonderful art object to put on show. Good luck with module 3 now!

    ReplyDelete