Tuesday 10 April 2012

Completely bogged down!


I've been completely bogged down for weeks - months even. Its taking a huge amount of time to keep my two embroidery groups going, and its leaving very little time for anything creative. It's the money I make from the groups that enables me to continue studying, but it's a bit frustrating I appear to have so little time. I need to try and manage my time better. I have been making slow progress with my current chapter, but I need something to give me a kick start.

I started making an altered book several weeks ago on a visit to Swindon. I've been drawn to winter hedges for some time and plan to use that as a theme for the book. It will probably extend to winter trees as well.

I made this little sketch on the back of my shopping list while I was waiting at the bus stop. Unusually I didn't have my camera with me, which forced me to draw.


I shall try and go back in the next day or so to take some photos, and to have a look at the deeply veined tiny leaves all round the edges.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting sketch. It's difficult to find time for everything isn't it? Be careful that doing what you love doesn't become a chore. That happened to me and I'm trying to get my mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Sheila - I'm finding the same thing. Too many things fighting for my attention. My trouble is, I'm finding the C&G chapter I'm on just now (patchwork piecing - hate it!!)crashingly boring and tedious to do, so other things always get my time. Anne, I appreciate that danger. I've fallen into that trap too. I found taking a couple of weeks completely free helped. Each morning it was a delight to wake up to an empty day stretching ahead. Strangely enough I landed up doing much the same as I usually do - difference was I didn't HAVE to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Super drawing Sheila! Better than a photo because it has more character and records exactly what interested you about the tree.

    ReplyDelete