Saturday 15 January 2011

Module 2 Chapter 4


The task in this module is to make drawings from the images of animal markings collected earlier in the module. I tried to select different types of markings to give me different opportunities.

I started with an image of a bird's wing - a bird of prey, but I don't know which.

2.4.1

2.4.2

2.4.3

Then I chose a spotty creature. This is a cheetah, but it could equally have been an ocelot or a leopard as the patterns are not very different.

2.4.4

Then a type of tortoise, which has a very distinct pattern.

2.4.5

2.4.6

2.4.7

2.4.8

2.4.9

Next, I chose an animal with a scaly and bumpy pattern. Both of these patterns come from the same crocodile.

2.4.10

2.4.11

And finally, a stripy pattern - could have been a tiger, but I chose a zebra.

2.4.12

Is it black on white? or white on black? I see it as black on white, so I scanned it into my computer, and the white came out as a very pale gray. Using PSP10 I made a negative image, and then made some repeat patterns.

2.4.13

2.4.14

2.4.15





No comments:

Post a Comment